Please ensure that you attached your CV in a useable format, i.e. Word doc and ensure you have attached your up to date contact details mobile, email etc
Recommending a job
If you are reviewing a job and feel it would suit someone else you know, do click on the ‘Refer a friend for this job’ link and follow the prompts to share the job with them. They will then receive an email letting them know that you’d like to recommend the role to them, and they’ll be able to follow the link to the job, where they can then apply.
Goldman & Fine Recruitment are looking to recruit a Cover Caretaker for one of our clients based in Thamesmead SE2 (VP5737)
Our client is a high-end prestige company, responsible for over 104,000 homes and 220,000 customers across London and the Home Counties, offering an excellent, negotiable rate of pay, and exceptional working environment.
Role purpose for Cover Caretaker
- To provide service cover to all areas of our Caretaking Team.
- To clean communal internal and external areas including, estate roads, grassed and paved areas, courtyard/garage/forecourt/shed areas, washing line enclosures, service roads, footpaths, walkways, playgrounds, flower beds, shrubbery and other communal parts as directed using appropriate supplied equipment.
- To be responsible for courteous, efficient customer service conduct at all times.
- To handle resident issues efficiently and effectively
- To be responsible for reporting any unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the residents or the property.
- To be responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment
- To lead and promote a positive health and safety culture, ensuring, as far as practicable, that activities are carried out under your control and in accordance with company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Removes refuse bags and household items from hopper head areas, outside refuse chambers and other communal areas.
- Cleans overspill from refuse collection
- Changes paladin bins under refuse chute as necessary
- Cleans estate signs and low-level light bollards as necessary
- Clears blocked rubbish chutes
- Cleans internal & external glass (where accessible)
- Removes graffiti
- Removes and store (as appropriate) bulk rubbish in designated area
- Paint pram sheds, garages, or other communal buildings
- Where necessary, makes safe broken windows/doors etc, pending repair by Maintenance staff
- Clears gutters, drain covers, hopper heads and rainwater pipes
- Where appropriate, unblocks drains, including kitchen drains (external to properties)
- Reports any estate defects, fly-tipping or anti-social behaviour to the appropriate authorities
- Checks communal lighting/timers and where accessible replaces blown bulbs as necessary, (including office light bulbs)
- Secures estate gates and doors where appropriate
- Where Fire Brigade keys are not fitted, assist contractors etc. with access to intake cupboards
- Advises Team Manager/Supervisor of equipment to be ordered
- Ensures stores and equipment are secure and accounted for.
- Delivers Trust letters, circulars etc as appropriate to residents’ properties
- Actively engages and participates in regular scheduled one to one meeting with Team Manager/Supervisor
Knowledge/Experience/ Skills required for Cover Caretaker
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- IT literacy skills and the ability to use mobile/hand-held device for emails, photos.
- Capacity and willingness to receive training in the use of special equipment, materials, and chemicals
- Experience of dealing with the public
- Experience of providing professional and accountable cleaning and caretaking services.
- Health and Safety awareness & knowledge of COSHH
£20,645.00 Basic Salary + Annual Bonus + Employee Benefit & Reward Scheme.
If you have the above experience for the Cover Caretaker position, please apply by:
- Clicking on this advert to submit your CV
- Sending your CV to Ian at Goldman & Fine
- Calling Ian at Goldman & Fine, quoting ref 5737
- Visiting the Goldman & Fine website
If this is not the position for you, please contact Goldman & Fine to discuss other vacancies that may be suitable for you. We will explain what the roles are with precise information.